One Fat Bird

Pomegranates


and silvery blue pumpkins

  are on my table this autumn.

White berry wreaths on cake plates cradle the plump pumpkins

and my fat ceramic bird.

I looked and looked for white pumpkins this year, but there were none to be found in these parts...so these {expensive} sterling gourds found their place here instead...and I must say, I am hooked.  The colour is so intriguing to me.  I love the richness and old world feeling they give.

But of course they could not just sit there...I had to dress them up a bit with some hand dyed crinkly French seam binding ribbons and add some punch of colour with juicy fertile fruits...those would be the pomegranates pictured above.


Now I've got to figure out how to use these in my Christmas decor because I am not ready to part with them...I'll show you when everything is transformed next month.

In the meantime, may you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving

Ciao amici,
Suzanne

~ ~ ~

Joining blog friends for this week's festivities.  You're invited too, so come along!

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©MMXXIII • REGISTERED & PROTECTED • PLEASE DO NOT COPY